Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 60. Standards of Conduct
- Section 75. Compassionate Gift Exemption.
previous: Section 70
. Disclosure of Close Economic Associations.
next: Section 80
AS 24.60.075. Compassionate Gift Exemption.
- (a) Notwithstanding AS 24.45.121 and AS 24.60.080 , a person may give a compassionate gift to a
legislator or legislative employee, and a legislator or a legislative employee may solicit, receive, or accept a
compassionate gift from a person, subject to the limitations in (b) - (e) of this section.
- (b) A compassionate gift may not be solicited, accepted, or received unless a written request
has been approved in writing by the chair of the legislative council, and the committee chair or vice-chair has approved
in writing the decision of the chair of the legislative council.
- (c) A legislator or legislative employee may not solicit, accept, or receive, directly or
indirectly, compassionate gifts worth less than $250 that in a calendar year aggregate to $250 or more in value and are
from the same person. A legislator or legislative employee who receives a compassionate gift, directly or indirectly,
shall disclose to the committee the name of the gift's source and the value of the gift within 30 days after receipt.
- (d) In this section, the value of a gift shall be determined by the fair market value of the
gift, to the extent that the fair market value can be determined.
- (e) In this section, "compassionate gift" means a solicited or unsolicited gift intended to aid
or comfort a recipient or a member of the recipient's immediate family in contending with a catastrophe, a tragedy, or a
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.