Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 60. Standards of Conduct
- Section 20. Applicability; Relationship to Common Law and Other Laws.
previous: Section 10
. Legislative Findings and Purpose.
next: Section 30
. Prohibitions Related to Conflicts of Interest and Unethical Conduct.
AS 24.60.020. Applicability; Relationship to Common Law and Other Laws.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, this chapter applies to a member of the legislature, to a legislative
employee, and to public members of the committee. This chapter does not apply to
- (1) a former member of the legislature or to a person formerly employed by the legislative branch of government unless a
provision of this chapter specifically states that it applies;
- (2) a person elected to the legislature who at the time of election is not a member of the legislature.
- (b) The provisions of this chapter specifically supersede the provisions of the common law relating to legislative
conflict of interest that may apply to a member of the legislature or a legislative employee. This chapter does not
supersede or repeal provisions of the criminal laws of the state. This chapter does not exempt a person from applicable
provisions of another law unless the law is expressly superseded or incompatibly inconsistent with the specific
provisions of this chapter.
Article 02. STANDARDS OF CONDUCT
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.