Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 55. Office of the Ombudsman
- Section 190. Procedure After Investigation.
previous: Section 180
next: Section 200
. Publication of Recommendations.
AS 24.55.190. Procedure After Investigation.
- (a) The ombudsman shall report the opinion and recommendations of the ombudsman to an agency if the ombudsman finds, after
- (1) a matter should be further considered by the agency;
- (2) an administrative act should be modified or cancelled;
- (3) a statute or regulation on which an administrative act is based should be altered;
- (4) reasons should be given for an administrative act;
- (5) any other action should be taken by the agency;
- (6) there are no grounds for action by the agency; or
- (7) the agency's act was arbitrary or capricious, constituted an abuse of discretion, or was otherwise erroneous or not in
accordance with the law.
- (b) The ombudsman may request the agency to notify the ombudsman, within a specified time, of any action taken on the
- (c) The report provided under (a) of this section is confidential and may not be disclosed to the public by the agency.
The ombudsman may disclose the report under AS 24.55.200
only after providing notice that the investigation has been concluded
- (1) to the agency; and
- (2) if the investigation was conducted in response to a complaint, to the complainant under AS 24.55.210
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.