Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 55. Office of the Ombudsman
- Section 30. Qualifications; Prohibition Against Political Activity.
previous: Section 20
. Appointment of the Ombudsman.
next: Section 40
. Term of Office.
AS 24.55.030. Qualifications; Prohibition Against Political Activity.
- (a) A person may not serve as ombudsman
- (1) within one year of the last day on which the person served as a member of the legislature;
- (2) while the person is a candidate for or holds any other national, state, or municipal office; nor may the ombudsman
become a candidate for national, state, or municipal office until one year has elapsed from the date the ombudsman
vacates the office of ombudsman;
- (3) while the person is engaged in any other occupation for which the person receives compensation;
- (4) unless the person is at least 21 years of age and is a qualified voter who has been a resident of the state for at
least three years.
- (b) It is essential that the nonpartisan nature, integrity, and impartiality of the ombudsman's functions and services be
maintained. The ombudsman and members of the staff of the ombudsman may not join, support, or otherwise participate in
a partisan political organization, faction, or activity, including but not limited to the making of political
contributions. However, this subsection does not restrict the ombudsman or members of the staff of the ombudsman from
expressing private opinion, registering as to party, or voting.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.