Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 20. Agencies of the Legislature
- Section 445. Power of Suspension.
previous: Section 440
next: Section 450
AS 24.20.445. Power of Suspension.
- (a) When the legislature is not in session, the Administrative Regulation Review Committee may by an affirmative vote of
not less than two-thirds of the members of the committee suspend the effectiveness of the adoption of or amendment to a
regulation adopted after adjournment of the previous regular session of the legislature, until 30 days after the
- (b) The effectiveness of an adoption or amendment of a regulation is suspended on the date a resolution of the
Administrative Regulation Review Committee resolving that the regulation be suspended is filed with the lieutenant
governor. If an adoption of or amendment to a regulation is not effective on the date a resolution is filed with the
lieutenant governor, the effectiveness of the adoption or amendment that is the subject of the committee's resolution
is suspended from the date the adoption or amendment would otherwise become effective under AS 44.62.180
- (c) Action under (a) of this section may not be undertaken unless all interested parties are afforded an opportunity to be
heard at a hearing held upon 15 days' notice to those parties.
- (d) The provisions of this section do not apply to emergency regulations.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.