Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 24. Legislature
- Chapter 10. Officers, Employees, and Compensation
- Section 60. Legislative Employees.
previous: Section 50
. Other Officers.
next: Section 100
. Salary of Legislators.
AS 24.10.060. Legislative Employees.
- (a) The house and senate employees of the legislature are hired for the duration of each session upon the recommendation
of the rules committee of each house. During the interim, house and senate employees are hired with the approval of
the president of the senate or the speaker of the house of representatives, as appropriate.
- (b) Employees assigned to the duplicating, distributing, mailing, and other centralized services are under the immediate
supervision of the Legislative Affairs Agency.
- (c) Except as provided in (e) of this section for hourly employees, all employees of the legislature are employed subject
- (1) classification and wage plans based on the merit principle and adapted to the special needs of the legislature; and
- (2) the general state laws regarding leave and retirement.
- (d) During sessions, all employees of the legislature are employed with the understanding that they will work as many
hours as may be required by their supervisors. All employees are on call for duty every day of the session.
- (e) The permanent interim committees of the legislature, the rules committees, the president of the senate, or the speaker
of the house of representatives, as appropriate, may authorize the employment of hourly employees. Hourly employees are
subject to the salary schedule set out in AS 39.27.011
and general state laws regarding retirement but are not entitled to receive leave benefits.
- (f) An employee of the legislative branch of state government who is employed under a personal services contract is not
entitled to membership in the public employees' retirement system (AS 39.35) for employment under the contract. The employee shall be
compensated under the state salary schedule set out in AS 39.27.011
(a). The employee is entitled to receive leave benefits and employee health coverage unless the personal services
contract provides to the contrary.
Article 03. COMPENSATION OF LEGISLATORS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.