Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 50. Collective Negotiation By Physicians
- Section 10. Legislative Findings.
previous: Chapter 50
. Collective Negotiation By Physicians
next: Section 20
. Collective Action By Competing Physicians.
AS 23.50.010. Legislative Findings.
- (a) The legislature finds that permitting competing physicians to engage in collective negotiation of certain terms and
conditions of contracts with a health benefit plan will benefit competition, so long as the physicians do not engage in
an express or implied threat of retaliatory collective action, including boycotts or strikes.
- (b) The legislature finds that permitting physicians to engage in collective negotiations over fee-related terms may, in
some circumstances, yield anticompetitive effects. There are, however, instances in which a health benefit plan
dominates the market to the degree that fair negotiations between physicians and the health benefit plan are not
possible in the absence of joint action on behalf of the physicians. In those circumstances, the health benefit plan
can virtually dictate the terms of the contracts that it offers to physicians.
- (c) The legislature finds that it is appropriate and necessary to authorize collective negotiations between competing
physicians and health benefit plans when the imbalances in bargaining capacity described in this section exist.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.