Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 35. Commercial Fishermen's Fund
- Section 60. Creation and Administration of Fishermen's Fund.
previous: Section 50
next: Section 70
AS 23.35.060. Creation and Administration of Fishermen's Fund.
- (a) There is created a fund, designated as the "fishermen's fund." The Department of Revenue is the custodian of the fund,
and the Department of Labor and Workforce Development shall administer it. The fund shall be composed of
- (1) 39 percent of the money derived by the state from all commercial fishermen's licenses, not to exceed a maximum of $50
for each license holder for each year; and
- (2) money appropriated to carry out the purpose of this chapter.
- (b) The legislature may appropriate up to 50 percent of the interest income earned by the state on the balance of the
fishermen's fund for a grant for statewide marine safety training and education programs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.