Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 403. Voluntary Income Tax Withholding.
previous: Section 401
. Child Support Interception.
next: Section 405
. Assignment Void; Exemption of Benefits.
AS 23.20.403. Voluntary Income Tax Withholding.
- (a) When an individual files a new claim for unemployment compensation, the department shall advise the individual that
- (1) unemployment compensation benefits are subject to federal income tax;
- (2) federal requirements exist pertaining to estimated federal tax payments;
- (3) the individual may elect to have federal income tax deducted and withheld from the individual's payment of
unemployment compensation benefits at the amount specified in 26 U.S.C. (Internal Revenue Code); and
- (4) the individual is permitted to change a previously elected status for the withholding of federal income tax.
- (b) Amounts deducted for federal income taxes and withheld from unemployment compensation benefits shall remain in the
unemployment fund until transferred to the federal Internal Revenue Service as payment of federal income tax.
- (c) The department shall comply with legal requirements of the federal Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue
Service regarding the deduction and withholding of federal income tax.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.