Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 250. Lien Upon Distribution or Assignment of Assets.
previous: Section 248
. Injunctive Relief.
next: Section 255
. Compromise of Contributions.
AS 23.20.250. Lien Upon Distribution or Assignment of Assets.
- (a) If the assets of an employer are distributed under a court order, including a receivership, probate, legal
dissolution, or a similar proceeding, or in the case of an assignment for the benefit of creditors, a composition, or a
similar proceeding, contributions which are or which become due are a lien upon all the assets of the employer. The
lien is prior to all other liens or claims except a prior tax lien, a lien filed or recorded under AS 23.20.200
, or a claim for remuneration of service of not more than $250 to each claimant, earned within six months before the
starting of the proceeding.
- (b) The existence of a condition of insolvency or the institution of a judicial proceeding for legal dissolution or of a
proceeding for distribution of assets causes the lien to attach without action on behalf of the department or the
- (c) In the event of an employer's adjudication in bankruptcy, judicially-confirmed extension proposal, or composition,
under 11 U.S.C. (Federal Bankruptcy Act), contributions that are or become due are entitled to the priority provided
under that Act, as amended.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.