Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Employment Security Act
- Section 240. Collection of Delinquent Contributions.
previous: Section 235
. Jeopardy Assessment.
next: Section 242
. Appeals By Officer, Manager, Member, or Employee.
AS 23.20.240. Collection of Delinquent Contributions.
- (a) If after notice an employer defaults in the payment of contribution or interest, the amount due may be collected by a
person authorized by law and authorized by the department, by civil action in the name of the state, or by both
methods. The department shall include in the amount due the fees or costs charged the department by the person for the
collection of the delinquent amount. An employer who is liable shall pay the cost of the collection, including
collection fees charged, and the costs of legal action.
- (b) A lien created by this chapter may be foreclosed by decree of the court in the action.
- (c) The court shall hear a civil action brought under this section to collect contributions or interest at the earliest
possible date and the action is entitled to preference on the calendar of the court over all other civil actions except
petitions for judicial review under this chapter and cases arising under the workers' compensation laws of the state.
- (d) The courts in this state shall, in the manner provided in this section, entertain actions to collect contributions or
interest for which liability has accrued under the employment security law of another state if the other state has a
similar provision for actions to collect contributions due this state in its employment security law.
- (e) The attorney general may commence action in this state as agent for and on behalf of any other state to enforce
judgments and liabilities for unemployment insurance contributions, penalties, interest, and benefit overpayments due
such state which extends a like comity to this state if the requesting state agrees to pay the costs which may be
assessed by the court against the plaintiff.
- (f) In this section, "employer" as defined in AS 23.20.520
also includes an officer or employee of a corporation, a member, manager, or employee of a limited liability company,
or a member or employee of a partnership, including a limited partnership and a limited liability partnership, who, as
an officer, employee, manager, or member, is under a duty to pay the contributions as required by (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.