Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 23. Labor and Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 5. Department of Labor and Workforce Development
- Section 125. Office of Citizenship Assistance.
previous: Section 120
. Cooperation With Other Agencies.
next: Section 130
. Preference For Resident Workers.
AS 23.05.125. Office of Citizenship Assistance.
- (a) The office of citizenship assistance is established in the office of the commissioner. The office shall
- (1) provide employment information and referrals to services for legal aliens, including employment services, such as job
placement services, and information about how labor unions, administrative agencies, and court actions may be used to
deal with claims or charges of job discrimination, illegal termination of employment, sexual harassment, and unsafe
working conditions; and
- (2) advise the commissioner on
- (A) improving employment opportunities for legal aliens;
- (B) preventing employment discrimination against legal aliens; and
- (C) cooperating with state and federal agencies to accomplish the office's mission.
- (b) In this section, "legal alien" means an individual who resides in Alaska, is not a citizen of the United States, and
is in compliance with the individual's federal visa requirements.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.