Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 22. Judiciary
- Chapter 25. Retirement and Death Benefits
- Section 27. Regulations.
previous: Section 25
. Administration; Federal Qualification Requirements.
next: Section 30
. Survivors' Benefits.
AS 22.25.027. Regulations.
- (a) The commissioner of administration may adopt regulations to implement this chapter. Regulations adopted by the
commissioner under this chapter relate to the internal management of state agencies and their adoption is not subject
to AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act).
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a regulation adopted under this chapter shall be published in the Alaska
Administrative Register and Code for informational purposes. Each regulation adopted under this chapter must conform to
the style and format requirements of the drafting manual for administrative regulations that is published under AS 44.62.050
- (c) At least 30 days before the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a regulation under this chapter, the commissioner of
administration shall provide notice of the action that is being considered. The notice shall be
- (1) posted in public buildings throughout the state;
- (2) published in one or more newspapers of general circulation in each judicial district of the state;
- (3) mailed to each person or group that has filed a request for notice of proposed action with the commissioner of
- (4) furnished to each member of the legislature and to the Legislative Affairs Agency.
- (d) Failure to mail notice to a person as required under (c)(3) of this section does not invalidate an action taken by the
commissioner of administration.
- (e) The commissioner may hold a public hearing on a proposed regulation.
- (f) A regulation adopted under this chapter takes effect 30 days after adoption by the commissioner of administration.
- (g) Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, a regulation may be adopted, amended, or repealed, effective
immediately, as an emergency regulation by the commissioner of administration. For an emergency regulation to be
effective the commissioner of administration must find that the adoption, amendment, or repeal of the regulation is
necessary for the immediate preservation of the orderly operation of the judicial retirement system. The commissioner
of administration shall, within 10 days after adoption of an emergency regulation, give notice of the adoption under
(c) of this section. An emergency regulation adopted under this subsection may not remain in effect more than 90 days
unless the commissioner of administration complies with the procedures set out in this section and adopts the
regulation as a permanent regulation.
- (h) In this section "regulation" has the meaning given in AS 44.62.640(a).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.