Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 22. Judiciary
- Chapter 20. Judicial Officers, Employees, and Council; Attorneys
- Section 37. Employment of Judicial Employees.
previous: Section 35
. Powers of Judicial Employees.
next: Section 40
AS 22.20.037. Employment of Judicial Employees.
- (a) Judicial employees shall be employed subject to classification and wage plans based on the merit principle and adapted
to the special needs of the judiciary, as determined by the administrative director of courts. Except as otherwise
provided by law, all employees of the Alaska court system and the judicial council are subject to the general state
laws regarding leave, retirement, and travel.
- (b) This section does not deprive employees of the judiciary of the right to participate in the state employees retirement
system, a group insurance plan, or any other program, benefits, or rights provided by law or personnel rule for state
employees in the classified service.
- (c) The administrative director of courts shall conduct a salary survey annually to ensure that employees of the Alaska
court system receive salaries consistent with those paid to employees in the classified and partially exempt state
- (d) The administrative director of the court system shall file a travel and compensation report with the legislature by
January 31 of each year. The report must contain detailed information for the previous calendar year of the salaries,
per diem, travel expenses, relocation expenses, and any additional allowances for
- (1) each justice of the supreme court;
- (2) each judge of the court of appeals; and
- (3) the administrative director of the court system.
Article 02. ATTORNEYS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.