Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 22. Judiciary
- Chapter 5. The Supreme Court
- Section 10. Jurisdiction.
previous: Chapter 5
. The Supreme Court
next: Section 15
. Transfer of Appellate Cases.
AS 22.05.010. Jurisdiction.
- (a) The supreme court has final appellate jurisdiction in all actions and proceedings. However, a party has only one
appeal as a matter of right from an action or proceeding commenced in either the district court or the superior court.
- (b) Appeal to the supreme court is a matter of right only in those actions and proceedings from which there is no right of
appeal to the court of appeals under AS 22.07.020
or to the superior court under AS 22.10.020 or AS 22.15.240
- (c) A decision of the superior court on an appeal from an administrative agency decision may be appealed to the supreme
court as a matter of right.
- (d) The supreme court may in its discretion review a final decision of the court of appeals on application of a party
under AS 22.07.030
. The supreme court may in its discretion review a final decision of the superior court on an appeal of a civil case
commenced in the district court. In this subsection "final decision" means a decision or order, other than a dismissal
by consent of all parties, that closes a matter in the court of appeals or the superior court, as applicable.
- (e) The supreme court may issue injunctions, writs, and all other process necessary to the complete exercise of its
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.