Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 89. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Section 25. Motor Vehicle Insurance Rate Reductions.
previous: Section 20
. Required Motor Vehicle Coverage.
next: Section 27
. Motor Vehicle Insurance Following Driver's License Revocation.
AS 21.89.025. Motor Vehicle Insurance Rate Reductions.
- (a) An insurer shall provide an appropriate reduction in the premium charged for a personal motor vehicle liability
insurance policy when the principal operator of the motor vehicle covered by the insurance policy
- (1) is 55 years of age or older;
- (2) at renewal requests the insurer to provide the reduction;
- (3) has had no chargeable accidents as set by established underwriting guidelines in use by the insurer or moving motor
vehicle citations within three years preceding the request for the discount;
- (4) provides the insurer with proof satisfactory to the director that the operator has within the three years before
requesting the reduction taken and successfully completed a motor vehicle accident prevention course approved by the
Department of Administration under AS 28.05.035
- (5) did not take and complete the accident prevention course described in (4) of this subsection as a result of an order
or sentence imposed by a court.
- (b) An insurer may cancel a rate reduction provided under (a) of this section if during the policy period the principal
operator of the insured motor vehicle is
- (1) involved in an accident caused by the operator; or
- (2) convicted of a moving traffic violation.
- (c) The reduced rate provided for an operator under (a) of this section may not extend beyond three years after the last
day of the operator's most recently successfully completed motor vehicle accident prevention course described in (a)(4)
of this section.
- (d) The director shall establish by regulation the manner in which insurers inform applicants and insureds of the rate
reduction available under this section. An insurer shall inform applicants and insureds as required by this subsection.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.