Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 87. Hospital and Medical Service Corporations
- Section 190. Charges and Rates; Rating Methods.
previous: Section 180
. Filing and Approval of Agreements and Contracts.
next: Section 200
AS 21.87.190. Charges and Rates; Rating Methods.
- (a) Subscription rates, fees, and payments to be charged by a service corporation to or on account of its subscribers may
not be excessive, inadequate, or unfairly discriminatory; and rates of payments to be made to participant providers and
participant hospitals for services rendered under a subscriber's contract, shall be fair and reasonable.
- (b) The service corporation shall, before use, file with the director (1) a schedule of subscription rates, fees, or
payments of any kind to be charged subscribers; (2) every rating manual, schedule, plan, rule, or formula; and (3) any
modification to the rating manual, schedule, plan, rule, or formula. Each filing must state the effective date and must
provide a comprehensive description of the coverage. A detailed rate justification, including a rate formula, is
- (c) If the subscriber's contracts to be issued by the service corporation provide for indemnity benefits, where permitted
under this chapter, the service corporation shall include in the rate, fee, or payment required of the subscriber an
adequate additional charge for the indemnity benefit, and shall separately set out the amount of the additional charge
in the schedule filed with the director.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.