Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 86. Health Maintenance Organizations
- Section 300. Acquisition of Control or Merger of a Health Maintenance Organization.
previous: Section 290
. Contract Authority For Commissioner of Health and Social Services.
next: Section 310
. Dual Choice.
AS 21.86.300. Acquisition of Control or Merger of a Health Maintenance Organization.
- (a) A person may not acquire control of the voting securities of a domestic health maintenance organization, if, after the
consummation of the transaction, that person would, directly or indirectly, or by conversion or by exercise of any
right to acquire, be in control of the health maintenance organization, or enter into an agreement to merge or
consolidate with, or otherwise to acquire control of, a health maintenance organization.
- (b) Subsection (a) of this section does not apply to a person who at the time the offer, request, or invitation is made or
the agreement is entered into, or before the acquisition of the securities if no offer or agreement is involved, has
filed with the director and has sent to the health maintenance organization, information required by AS 21.22 and the offer, request, invitation, agreement, or acquisition
has been approved by the director. Approval by the director under this subsection is governed by AS 21.22.
- (c) In this section
- (1) "acquire control of " means to make a tender for, make a request or invitation for tenders of, enter into an agreement
to exchange securities for, or acquire in the open market or otherwise;
- (2) "domestic" means formed under the laws of this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.