Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 86. Health Maintenance Organizations
- Section 160. Regulation of Agents.
previous: Section 150
. Prohibited Practices.
next: Section 170
. Powers of Insurers and of Hospital or Medical Service Corporations.
AS 21.86.160. Regulation of Agents.
- (a) The director may adopt regulations necessary to provide for the licensing of health maintenance organization agents.
- (b) The director may, by regulation, exempt certain classes of persons from the requirement of obtaining an agent license
- (1) the function the class performs does not require special competence or trustworthiness, or the regulatory surveillance
made possible by licensing; or
- (2) other existing safeguards make regulation through licensing unnecessary.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.