Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 86. Health Maintenance Organizations
- Section 100. Complaint System; Report.
previous: Section 90
. Information to Enrollees.
next: Section 110
. Recovery of Health Care Costs.
AS 21.86.100. Complaint System; Report.
- (a) A health maintenance organization shall establish and maintain a complaint system to provide reasonable procedures for
the resolution of written complaints initiated by its enrollees. A complaint system must provide a procedure for
forwarding to the commissioner of health and social services a duplicate copy of a complaint relating to patient care
or facility operation.
- (b) A health maintenance organization shall annually, on or before March 1, submit to the director, in a form prescribed
by the director, a report covering the preceding calendar year. The health maintenance organization shall provide a
copy of this report to the commissioner of health and social services. The report submitted under this subsection must
- (1) a description of the procedures used in its complaint system;
- (2) the total number of complaints handled through its complaint system and a compilation of the causes underlying the
complaints filed; and
- (3) the number, amount, and disposition of malpractice claims made by an enrollee that were settled during the year by the
health maintenance organization; information concerning malpractice claims shall be held confidential by the director
and by the commissioner of health and social services, and is not subject to public disclosure.
- (c) The director or the commissioner of health and social services may, at any time during normal business hours, examine
the complaint system in any place of business of the health maintenance organization in order to determine compliance
with this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.