Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 85. Regulation of Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements
- Section 90. Consumer Information Notice.
previous: Section 80
. Reporting Requirements.
next: Section 100
. Applicability of Other Provisions.
AS 21.85.090. Consumer Information Notice.
A self-funded multiple employer welfare arrangement must provide a written notice to each participating employee at the
time that coverage becomes effective. The notice must
- (1) be clear and conspicuous;
- (2) be in at least 10-point type;
- (3) state that
- (A) the coverage is issued by a self-funded multiple employer welfare arrangement;
- (B) coverage and benefits provided under a self-funded multiple employer welfare arrangement are not protected by the
Alaska Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association; and
- (C) if the self-funded multiple employer welfare arrangement does not pay expenses that are eligible for payment under the
plan for any reason, the employer or employee covered by the plan may be responsible for the payment of those expenses.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.