Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 84. Fraternal Benefit Societies
- Section 495. Foreign or Alien Society; Admission.
previous: Section 490
. Service of Process. [Repealed, Sec. 36 Ch 96 SLA 1997].
next: Section 500
. - 21.84.520l Consolidations and Mergers; Effect of Consolidations and Mergers; Conversion Into Mutual Life Insurer. [Repealed, Sec. 36 Ch 96 SLA 1997].
AS 21.84.495. Foreign or Alien Society; Admission.
A foreign or alien society may not transact business in this state without a license issued by the director. A foreign
or alien society desiring admission to this state shall comply with the requirements and limitations of this chapter
applicable to domestic societies. The society may be licensed to transact business in this state upon filing with the
- (1) a certified copy of its articles of incorporation;
- (2) a copy of its bylaws, certified by its secretary or corresponding officer;
- (3) a power of attorney to the director as prescribed in AS 21.84.625;
- (4) a statement of its business under oath of its president and secretary or corresponding officers in a form prescribed
by the director, verified by an examination made by the supervising insurance official of its home state or other
state, territory, province, or country, satisfactory to the director;
- (5) certification from the proper official of its home state, territory, province, or country that the society is legally
incorporated and licensed to transact business therein;
- (6) copies of its certificate forms;
- (7) information showing that its assets are invested in accordance with the provisions of this chapter; and
- (8) other information the director may consider necessary.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.