Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 80. Alaska Insurance Guaranty Association Act
- Section 20. Applicability.
previous: Section 10
next: Section 30
AS 21.80.020. Applicability.
This chapter applies to all kinds of direct insurance written by an admitted insurer, except that this chapter does not
apply to the following:
- (1) life, annuity, health, or disability insurance;
- (2) residual value, mortgage guaranty, or financial guaranty of other forms of insurance offering protection against
- (3) bonding obligations, including fidelity or surety bonds;
- (4) insurance protecting the interests of a creditor arising out of a creditor-debtor transaction, including credit
insurance, vendors' single interest insurance, or collateral protection insurance;
- (5) insurance of warranties or service contracts, including insurance providing for
- (A) the repair, replacement, or service of goods or property;
- (B) indemnification for repair, replacement, or service of goods or property; or
- (C) reimbursement for liability incurred by a person issuing a warranty or service contract;
- (6) title insurance;
- (7) a transaction or combination of transactions between a person, including the person's affiliates, and an insurer,
including the insurer's affiliates, that involves the transfer of investment or credit risk unaccompanied by the
transfer of insurance risk;
- (8) insurance provided by or guaranteed by a government;
- (9) a risk retention group formed under 15 U.S.C. 3901 - 3906 (Liability Risk Retention Act);
- (10) insurance written on a retroactive basis to cover known losses for which a claim has already been made and the claim
is known to the insurer at the time the insurance is bound.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.