Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 79. Alaska Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association Act
- Section 100. Prevention of Insolvencies.
previous: Section 90
. Powers and Duties of the Director.
next: Section 110
. Miscellaneous Provisions.
AS 21.79.100. Prevention of Insolvencies.
- (a) The director shall notify, by mail, the commissioner, director, or superintendent of insurance of the other states,
territories of the United States, and the District of Columbia within 30 days after the date on which the following
actions are taken against a member insurer:
- (1) revocation of a license;
- (2) suspension of a license; or
- (3) a formal order that a member insurer restrict its premium writing, obtain additional contributions to surplus,
withdraw from the state, reinsure all or any part of its business, or increase capital, surplus, or any other account
for the security of policyholders or creditors.
- (b) The director shall report to the board if an action set out in (a) of this section is taken or a report is received
from a state insurance regulator that similar action has been taken in another state. The report to the board must
contain all significant details of the action taken or the report received from another insurance regulator.
- (c) The director shall report to the board if there is reasonable cause to believe, during or after an examination of a
member insurer, that the company may be impaired or insolvent.
- (d) The director shall furnish the board with the NAIC Insurance Regulatory Information System (IRIS) ratios and a listing
of companies not included in the ratios developed by the NAIC, and the board may use that information to carry out its
duties and responsibilities under this section. The information shall be kept confidential by the board until it is
made public by the director.
- (e) The director may seek the board's advice and recommendations concerning the financial condition of member insurers and
insurers who apply for admission to transact insurance business in the state.
- (f) The board may
- (1) make reports and recommendations to the director relating to the solvency, liquidation, rehabilitation, or
conservation of a member insurer or the solvency of insurers who apply to transact insurance business in the state; the
director and the board shall keep the reports and recommendations confidential;
- (2) notify the director of any information that indicates that a member insurer may be impaired or insolvent.
- (g) [Repealed, Sec. 46 ch 119 SLA 2000].
- (h) The board may make recommendations to the director for detecting and preventing insurer insolvencies.
- (i) [Repealed, Sec. 46 ch 119 SLA 2000].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.