Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 78. Rehabilitation and Liquidation
- Section 310. Order and Levy of Assessment.
previous: Section 300
. Report and Petition For Assessment.
next: Section 320
. Assessment Prima Facie Correct.
AS 21.78.310. Order and Levy of Assessment.
- (a) Upon the filing and reading of the report and petition provided for in AS 21.78.300
, the court, ex parte, may order the director to assess all members or subscribers of the insurer who may be subject to
the assessment, in the aggregate amount the court finds reasonably necessary to pay all valid claims as may be timely
filed and proved in the delinquency proceedings, together with the costs and expenses of levying and collecting
assessments and the costs and expenses of the delinquency proceedings in full. The order must require the director to
assess each member or subscriber for a proportion of the aggregate assessment, according to the reasonable
classification of the members or subscribers and formula that may be made by the director and approved by the court.
- (b) The court may order additional assessments upon the filing and reading of any amendment or supplement to the report
and petition referred to in (a) of this section, if the amendment or supplement is filed within three years after the
date of the entry of the order of rehabilitation or liquidation.
- (c) After the entry of the order to levy and assess members or subscribers of an insurer referred to in (a) or (b) of this
section, the director shall levy and assess members or subscribers in accordance with the order.
- (d) The total of all assessments against a member or subscriber with respect to a policy, whether levied under this
chapter or under another provision of this title, shall be for no greater amount than that specified in the policy or
policies of the member or subscriber and as limited under this title, except as to a policy that was issued at a rate
of premium below the minimum rate lawfully permitted for the risk insured, in which event the assessment against the
policyholder shall be upon the basis of the minimum rate for the risk.
- (e) An assessment may not be levied against a member or subscriber with respect to a nonassessable policy issued in
accordance with this title, when the insurer has a nonrevoked authority to issue nonassessable policies.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.