Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 78. Rehabilitation and Liquidation
- Section 271. Recovery of Premiums Owed.
previous: Section 270
. Setoffs and Counterclaims.
next: Section 272
. Reinsurer's Liability.
AS 21.78.271. Recovery of Premiums Owed.
- (a) An
- (1) insurance producer, premium finance company, or any other person, other than the insured, responsible for the payment
of a premium is obligated to pay an unpaid earned premium due the insurer at the time of the declaration of insolvency,
as shown on the records of the insurer; neither a credit nor a setoff is allowed to an insurance producer or premium
finance company for an amount advanced to the insurer by the insurance producer or premium finance company on behalf
of, but in the absence of a payment by, the insured;
- (2) insured is obligated to pay an unpaid earned premium due the insurer at the time of the declaration of insolvency, as
shown on the records of the insurer.
- (b) If there are grounds for believing that a person has violated this section, the director may initiate proceedings
under AS 21.06.170
- (c) Upon a finding of a violation of this section, the director may order a penalty of not more than $1,000 for each act
in violation of this section and may suspend or revoke the person's license issued under this title.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.