Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 78. Rehabilitation and Liquidation
- Section 150. Claims of Nonresidents Against Domestic Insurers.
previous: Section 140
. Conduct of Delinquency Proceedings Against Foreign Insurers.
next: Section 160
. Claims Against Foreign Insurers.
AS 21.78.150. Claims of Nonresidents Against Domestic Insurers.
- (a) In a delinquency proceeding begun in this state against a domestic insurer, claimants residing in reciprocal states
may file claims either with the ancillary receivers, if any, in their respective states, or with the domiciliary
receiver. The claims must be filed on or before the last date fixed for the filing of claims in the domiciliary
- (b) Controverted claims belonging to claimants residing in reciprocal states may either
- (1) be proved in this state; or
- (2) if ancillary proceedings have been commenced in the reciprocal states, be proved in those proceedings; if a claimant
elects to prove the claim in ancillary proceedings, if notice of the claim and opportunity to appeal and be heard is
afforded the domiciliary receiver of this state, as provided in AS 21.78.160
with respect to ancillary proceedings in this state, the final allowance of the claim by the courts in the ancillary
state shall be accepted in this state as conclusive as to its amount and its priority, if any, against special deposits
or other security located in the ancillary state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.