Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 78. Rehabilitation and Liquidation
- Section 10. Jurisdiction of Delinquency Proceedings.
previous: Chapter 78
. Rehabilitation and Liquidation
next: Section 20
. Commencement of Delinquency Proceedings.
AS 21.78.010. Jurisdiction of Delinquency Proceedings.
- (a) The court is vested with exclusive original jurisdiction of delinquency proceedings under this chapter, and is
authorized to make all necessary and proper orders to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
- (b) Delinquency proceedings under this chapter constitute the sole and exclusive method of liquidating, rehabilitating,
reorganizing, or conserving an insurer, and a court may not entertain a petition for the commencement of the
proceedings unless it has been filed in the name of the state on the relation of the director.
- (c) An appeal shall lie to the supreme court from an order granting or refusing rehabilitation, liquidation, or
conservation, and from every other order in delinquency proceedings having the character of a final order as to the
particular portion of the proceedings embraced therein.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.