Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 75. Reciprocal and Cooperative Insurers
- Section 200. Assessments.
previous: Section 190
. Subscribers' Liability On Judgment.
next: Section 210
. Time Limit For Assessments.
AS 21.75.200. Assessments.
- (a) Assessments may from time to time be levied upon subscribers of a domestic reciprocal insurer liable under the terms
of their policies by the attorney-in-fact upon approval in advance by the subscribers' advisory committee and the
director; or by the director in liquidation of the insurer.
- (b) Each subscriber's share of a deficiency for which an assessment is made, but not exceeding the aggregate contingent
liability of the subscriber as stated in accordance with AS 21.75.180
, shall be computed by applying to the premium earned on the subscriber's policy or policies during the period to be
covered by the assessment, the ratio of the total deficiency to the total premiums earned during the period upon all
policies subject to the assessment.
- (c) In computing the earned premiums for the purposes of this section, the gross premium received by the insurer for the
policy shall be used as a base, deducting only charges not recurring upon the renewal or extension of the policy.
- (d) A subscriber may not have an offset against an assessment for which the subscriber is liable, on account of a claim
for unearned premium or losses payable.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.