Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 72. Benevolent Associations
- Section 130. Benevolent Association Defined.
previous: Section 125
. Quarterly Statements.
next: Section 140
. Member Defined.
AS 21.72.130. Benevolent Association Defined.
- (a) A corporation, association, or society, or by whatever name called, that issues a certificate, policy, membership
agreement, or makes a promise or agreement with its members, whereby, upon the death of a member, money or other
benefit, charity, aid, or relief is to be paid, provided, or rendered by the corporation, association, or society to
the legal representatives of the member, or to the beneficiary designated by the member, which money, benefit, charity,
aid, or relief is derived from voluntary donations, or from admission fees, dues, or assessments, or any of them
collected or to be collected from the members, or members of a class therein, or interest or accretions, or
accumulations; and if the money or other benefit, charity, aid, or relief, so realized, is applied to or accumulated
for the uses and purposes herein specified, the uses of the corporation, association, or society, or the expenses of
management and prosecution of its business, is considered to be a benevolent association for the purposes of this
- (b) The definition of benevolent association in (a) of this section does not apply to
- (1) burial or death benefits, annuities, endowments, or any other benefit payments of a legal reserve life or health
insurer, or of a labor union, railroad brotherhood, or lodge having as a primary business the improvement of working
- (2) a ladies auxiliary to a labor union, railroad brotherhood, or lodge referred to in (1) of this subsection; or
- (3) the benevolent plans within fraternal orders if limited to members and if the plan is not the principal object for the
formation or continuance of the fraternal order.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.