Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 72. Benevolent Associations
- Section 90. Expenses.
previous: Section 80
. Minimum Membership.
next: Section 100
. Payments of Death Claims.
AS 21.72.090. Expenses.
- (a) The total expenses of a benevolent association during a calendar year may not exceed the larger of:
- (1) 10 percent of the total amount received during the year, whether as assessments, dues, donations or by whatever name
called, except fees collected for new memberships; or
- (2) $15 per death loss incurred during the year.
- (b) The association may, instead of providing for expenses as in (a) of this section, assess each of its members for
expenses at an amount not to exceed $3 a calendar year, except that the assessment may not exceed $4 a year if a
membership certificate includes within its protection a family group consisting of two or more persons. The proceeds
of the assessments shall be placed in an expense fund out of which all of the expenses of the association for the year
shall be paid. The association shall show the condition of the expense fund in its annual statement.
- (c) The association shall state in its annual statement whether the expenses to be shown in its next annual statement will
be determined as in (a) of this section or whether the members will be assessed for the same as in (b) of this section.
An association may not use both methods or a combination of both methods.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.