Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 69. Organization and Corporate Procedures
- Section 640. Extinguishment of Unused Corporate Charters.
previous: Section 630
. Mutual Member's Share of Assets On Liquidation.
next: Section 645
AS 21.69.640. Extinguishment of Unused Corporate Charters.
- (a) The corporate charter of a corporation formed under the laws of this state more than three years before July 1, 1966,
for the purpose of becoming an insurer, which corporation, within the three-year period, has not actively engaged in
business as a domestic insurer under a certificate of authority issued to it by the director under laws then in force,
is extinguished and nullified.
- (b) The corporate charter of any other corporation formed under the laws of this state for the purpose of becoming an
insurer, and which corporation during any period of 36 consecutive months after July 1, 1966, is not actively engaged
in business as a domestic insurer under a certificate of authority issued to it by the director under law currently in
force, is automatically extinguished and nullified at the expiration of the 36-month period.
- (c) The period during which the corporation referred to in (b) of this section is the subject of delinquency proceedings
under AS 21.78 shall not be counted as part of the 36-month
- (d) Upon merger or consolidation of a domestic insurer with another insurer under this chapter, the corporate charter of
the merged or consolidated domestic insurer is automatically extinguished and nullified.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.