Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 69. Organization and Corporate Procedures
- Section 450. Enforcement of Contingent Liability.
previous: Section 440
. Levy of Contingent Liability.
next: Section 460
. Nonassessable Policies, Mutual Insurers.
AS 21.69.450. Enforcement of Contingent Liability.
- (a) An assessment made by an insurer under AS 21.69.440
or 21.69.540 shall be considered to be prima facie
correct. The amount of the assessment to be paid by each member as determined by the insurer shall be considered to be
likewise prima facie correct.
- (b) The insurer shall notify each member of the amount of the assessment to be paid by written notice mailed to the
address of the member last of record with the insurer. Failure of the member to receive the notice so mailed, within
the time specified for the payment of the assessment or at all, is no defense in an action to collect the assessment.
- (c) If a member fails to pay the assessment within the period specified in the notice, which period may not be less than
20 days after mailing, the insurer may institute suit to collect it.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.