Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 69. Organization and Corporate Procedures
- Section 420. Solicitations in Other States.
previous: Section 410
. Agreement Not to Sell Property Prohibited.
next: Section 430
. Contingent Liability of Mutual Members.
AS 21.69.420. Solicitations in Other States.
- (a) A domestic insurer may not knowingly solicit insurance business in a reciprocating state in which it is not then
licensed as an authorized insurer.
- (b) This section does not prohibit advertising through publication and radio, television, and other broadcasts originating
outside the reciprocating state, if the insurer is licensed in a majority of the states in which the advertising is
disseminated, and if the advertising is not specifically directed to residents of the reciprocating state.
- (c) This section does not prohibit insurance covering persons or risks located in a reciprocating state under contract
solicited and issued in states in which the insurer is then licensed. This section does not prohibit insurance
effectuated by the insurer as an unauthorized insurer in accordance with the laws of the reciprocating state.
- (d) The director shall suspend or revoke the certificate of authority of a domestic insurer found by the director, after a
hearing, to have violated this section.
- (e) In this section a "reciprocating" state is one that imposes a similar prohibition upon insurers domiciled in that
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.