Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 69. Organization and Corporate Procedures
- Section 380. Management and Exclusive Agency Contracts.
previous: Section 370
. Prohibited Pecuniary Interest of Officials.
next: Section 390
. Home Office and Records.
AS 21.69.380. Management and Exclusive Agency Contracts.
- (a) A domestic insurer may not make a contract granting a person or permitting a person to enjoy in fact the management of
the insurer to the substantial exclusion of its board of directors or to have the controlling or preemptive right to
produce substantially all insurance business for the insurer, unless the contract is filed with and approved by the
director. The contract shall be considered approved unless disapproved by the director within 20 days after date of
filing, subject to a reasonable extension of time that the director may require by notice given within the 20 days. A
disapproval shall be delivered to the insurer in writing, stating the grounds for it.
- (b) The director shall disapprove a contract upon a finding that it
- (1) subjects the insurer to excessive charges;
- (2) is to extend for an unreasonable length of time;
- (3) does not contain fair and adequate standards of performance; or
- (4) contains other inequitable provision or provisions that impair the proper interests of stockholders or members of the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.