Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 69. Organization and Corporate Procedures
- Section 240. Applications For Insurance in Formation of Mutual Insurer.
previous: Section 230
. Formation of Mutual Insurer.
next: Section 250
. Formation of Mutuals.
AS 21.69.240. Applications For Insurance in Formation of Mutual Insurer.
- (a) Upon receipt of the director's approval of the bond or deposit as provided in AS 21.69.230
, the directors and officers of the proposed domestic mutual insurer may commence solicitation of the requisite
applications for insurance policies which they may accept, and may receive deposits of premiums on them.
- (b) The applications must be in writing signed by the applicant, covering subjects of insurance resident, located, or to
be performed in this state.
- (c) The applications must provide that
- (1) issuance of the policy is contingent upon the insurer qualifying for and receiving a certificate of authority;
- (2) no insurance is in effect unless and until the certificate of authority has been issued;
- (3) the prepaid premium or deposit, and membership or policy fee, if any, shall be refunded in full to the applicant if
organization is not completed and the certificate of authority is not issued and received by the insurer before a
specified reasonable date which date shall be not later than one year after the date of the certificate of
- (d) All qualifying premiums collected shall be in cash.
- (e) Solicitation for qualifying applicants for insurance shall be by licensed agents of the corporation, and the director
shall, upon the corporation's application, issue temporary agent's licenses expiring on the date specified under (c)(3)
of this section to individuals qualified for a resident agent's license except as to the taking or passing of an
examination. The director may suspend or revoke a license for any of the causes and under the same procedures
applicable to suspension or revocation of licenses of agents in general under AS 21.27.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.