Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 69. Organization and Corporate Procedures
- Section 200. Subsequent Financing.
previous: Section 190
. Failure to Complete Organization or to Qualify.
next: Section 210
. Penalty For Exhibiting False Accounts, Etc.
AS 21.69.200. Subsequent Financing.
- (a) A domestic insurer, or insurance holding corporation, or stock corporation for financing operations of a mutual
insurer, or attorney in fact corporation of a reciprocal insurer, after (1) it has received a certificate of authority,
if an insurer; or (2) it has completed its initial organization and financing if a corporation other than an insurer,
may not solicit or receive funds in exchange for a new issue of its corporate securities, other than through a stock
dividend, until it has applied to the director for, and has been granted, a solicitation permit.
- (b) The director shall issue a permit unless the director finds that
- (1) the funds proposed to be secured are excessive in amount for the purpose intended;
- (2) the proposed securities or the manner of their distribution are inequitable; or
- (3) the issuance of the securities would jeopardize the interests of policyholders or the holders of other securities of
the insurer or corporation.
- (c) A solicitation permit granted by the director shall be for the duration, and must contain the terms and be issued upon
the conditions that the director may reasonably specify or require.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.