Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 66. Title Insurance Companies
- Section 460. Filing Required For Escrow, Settlement, and Closing Charges.
previous: Section 450
. Forms of Policies and Other Contracts of Title Insurance.
next: Section 470
. Other Sections Applicable.
AS 21.66.460. Filing Required For Escrow, Settlement, and Closing Charges.
- (a) Each title insurance company shall file with the director a schedule of the escrow, settlement, and closing charges
that it proposes to use in this state for these services when performed in connection with the issuance of policies of
title insurance. The filing must state the effective date of the schedule, which shall be not less than 30 days after
the date of filing with the director.
- (b) All or any part of the schedule may be amended at any time. Each amendment shall be filed with the director, and shall
state its effective date, which must be not less than 30 days after the date of its filing with the director.
- (c) Copies of schedules filed under this section shall be retained in each of the offices of a title insurance company in
this state, and, upon request shall be furnished to the public.
- (d) A title insurance company may not make or impose a charge for escrow, settlement, or closing services when performed
in connection with the issuance of a policy of title insurance except in accordance with the schedule of the charges
filed with the director under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.