Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 66. Title Insurance Companies
- Section 310. Rebates Prohibited.
previous: Section 300
. Certain Names Prohibited.
next: Section 330
. Examination of Records.
AS 21.66.310. Rebates Prohibited.
- (a) A title insurer, or officer, employee, attorney, or title insurance limited producer of a title insurer, may not pay,
allow, or give or offer to pay, allow, or give, directly or indirectly, as an inducement to obtaining a title insurance
business, a rebate, reduction, or abatement of a rate or charge made incident to the issuance of the title insurance, a
special favor or advantage, money consideration, or other inducement. A charge made incident to the issuance of the
insurance is construed to include, without limitation, escrow, settlement, and closing charges.
- (b) An insured named in a title insurance policy or any other person directly or indirectly connected with the transaction
involving the issuance of a title insurance policy, including, but not limited to a mortgage lender, real estate
broker, builder, or attorney, or an officer, employee, agent, representative, or solicitor of a mortgage lender, real
estate broker, builder, attorney, or other person, may not knowingly receive or accept, directly or indirectly, a
rebate, reduction, or abatement of a charge or premium or a special favor or advantage, or a monetary consideration or
- (c) Nothing in this section prohibits
- (1) the payment of fees for services actually rendered as a result of a title insurance transaction; or
- (2) the payment of a commission to a legally appointed title insurance limited producer who issues the policy of title
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.