Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 54. Health Insurance
- Section 10. Required Provisions of Group Policies.
previous: Chapter 54
. Health Insurance
next: Section 15
. Rate Requirements; Health Care Insurance Restrictions.
AS 21.54.010. Required Provisions of Group Policies.
Each group health insurance policy must contain in substance the following provisions:
- (1) a provision that, in the absence of fraud, all statements made by applicants or the policyholder or by an insured
person shall be considered representations and not warranties, and that a statement made for the purpose of effecting
insurance may not void the insurance or reduce benefits unless contained in a written instrument signed by the
policyholder or the insured person, a copy of which has been furnished to the policyholder or to the insured person or
the beneficiary of the insured person;
- (2) a provision that the insurer will furnish to the policyholder for delivery to each employee or member of the insured
group, a statement in summary form of the essential features of the insurance coverage of the employee or member and to
whom benefits are payable; if dependents are included in the coverage, only one certificate need be issued for each
- (3) a provision that to the group originally insured may be added from time to time eligible new employees or members or
dependents, as the case may be, in accordance with the terms of the policy.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.