Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 53. Long-Term Care Insurance
- Section 40. Prior Hospital or Institutional Care Conditions Prohibited.
previous: Section 30
. Preexisting Conditions.
next: Section 50
. Right of Return; Outline of Coverage.
AS 21.53.040. Prior Hospital or Institutional Care Conditions Prohibited.
- (a) A long-term care insurance policy may not be delivered or issued for delivery in this state if the policy conditions
- (1) on a prior hospitalization requirement;
- (2) on the receipt of a higher level of institutional care, when care is provided in an institutional setting;
- (3) for noninstitutional benefits on a prior institutional stay of more than 30 days for which benefits are paid; or
- (4) on admission to an institutional care facility for the same or a related condition within a period of less than 30
days after discharge from the institution, if the policy provides benefits only following institutionalization.
- (b) A long-term care insurance policy may contain a limitation or condition on eligibility for benefits, not prohibited in
(a) of this section, if the limitation or condition is clearly set out in a separate paragraph of the policy or
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.