Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 51. Health Insurance Policies
- Section 330. Franchise Health Insurance.
previous: Section 320
. Age Limit.
next: Section 340
. Violations. [Repealed, Sec. 22 Ch 149 SLA 1984].
AS 21.51.330. Franchise Health Insurance.
- (a) Health insurance on a franchise plan is that form of health insurance issued to
- (1) five or more employees of a corporation, copartnership, or individual employer or a governmental corporation, agency,
or department of them; or
- (2) 10 or more members, employees, or employees of members of a trade or professional association or of a labor union or
of any other association having had an active existence for at least two years if the association or union has a
constitution or bylaws and is formed in good faith for purposes other than that of obtaining insurance.
- (b) If these persons, with or without their dependents, are issued the same form of an individual policy varying only in
amounts and kinds of coverage applied for by the persons under an arrangement whereby the premiums on the policies may
be paid to the insurer periodically by the employer, with or without payroll deductions, or by the association for its
members, or by some designated person acting on behalf of the employer, association, or union, the term "employees" as
used herein may be considered to include the officers, managers, and employees and retired employees of the employer
and the individual proprietor or partners if the employer is an individual proprietor or partnership.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.