Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 45. Life Insurance and Annuities
- Section 260. Prohibited Provisions: Industrial Life Insurance.
previous: Section 250
. Limitation of Liability.
next: Section 270
. Incontestability, Limitation of Liability After Reinstatement.
AS 21.45.260. Prohibited Provisions: Industrial Life Insurance.
A policy of industrial life insurance may not contain a provision
- (1) by which the insurer may deny liability under the policy for the reason that the insured has previously obtained other
insurance from the same insurer;
- (2) giving the insurer the right to declare the policy void on the grounds that the insured has had a disease or ailment,
whether specified or not, or that the insured has received institutional, hospital, medical, or surgical treatment or
attention, except the policy may contain a provision that gives the insurer the right to declare the policy void if the
insured has, within two years before the issuance of the policy, received institutional, hospital, medical, or surgical
treatment or attention and the insured or claimant under the policy fails to show that the condition occasioning the
treatment or attention was not of a serious nature or was not material to the risk;
- (3) giving the insurer the right to declare the policy void because the insured has been rejected for insurance by another
insurer, unless the right is conditioned upon a showing by the insurer that knowledge of the rejection would have led
to a refusal by the insurer to make the contract.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.