Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 45. Life Insurance and Annuities
- Section 240. Standard Provisions: Reversionary Annuities.
previous: Section 230
. Reinstatement: Annuities.
next: Section 250
. Limitation of Liability.
AS 21.45.240. Standard Provisions: Reversionary Annuities.
- (a) Except as stated herein, a contract for a reversionary annuity may not be delivered or issued for delivery in this
state unless it contains in substance each of the following provisions:
- (1) those provisions specified in AS 21.45.180
- 21.45.220, except that under AS 21.45.180
the insurer may at its option provide for an equitable reduction of the amount of the annuity payments in settlement
of an overdue payment in lieu of providing for deduction of the payments from an amount payable upon settlement under
- (2) a provision that the contract may be reinstated at any time within three years from the date of default in making
stipulated payments to the insurer, upon production of evidence of insurability satisfactory to the insurer, and upon
condition that all overdue payments and any indebtedness to the insurer on account of the contract be paid, or, within
the limits permitted by the then cash values of the contract, reinstated, with interest as to both payments and
indebtedness at a rate to be specified in the contract but not exceeding six percent a year compounded annually.
- (b) This section does not apply to group annuities or to annuities included in life insurance policies, and any of the
provisions not applicable to single premium annuities shall not to that extent be incorporated into the policy or
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.