Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 42. The Insurance Contract
- Section 500. Definitions.
previous: Section 405
. High Deductible Health Plan.
next: Section 700
. Interstate Insurance Product Regulation Compact.
AS 21.42.500. Definitions.
In AS 21.42.345
- (1) "copayment" means the portion of medical care expenses in excess of the deductible to be paid by a covered individual;
- (2) "deductible" means the portion of medical care expenses for which a covered individual must pay before benefits become
- (3) "excepted benefits" has the meaning given in AS 21.54.160
- (4) "fraternal benefit society" has the meaning given in AS 21.84.900;
- (5) "health care insurance plan" has the meaning given in AS 21.54.500; "health care insurance plan" does not include
short-term limited-duration insurance offered to individuals in the individual market;
- (6) "health care insurer" has the meaning given in AS 21.54.500
- (7) "individual market" has the meaning given in AS 21.51.500
- (8) "placed for adoption" has the meaning given in AS 21.54.500
Article 02. COMPACT CONCERNING ANNUITY, LIFE, DISABILITY, AND LONG-TERM CARE INSURANCE
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.