Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 42. The Insurance Contract
- Section 390. Coverage For Treatment of Diabetes.
previous: Section 385
. Dental, Vision, and Hearing Coverage.
next: Section 392
. Requirements Relating to Dental Care Coverage Provisions.
AS 21.42.390. Coverage For Treatment of Diabetes.
- (a) A health care insurer that offers in this state a health care insurance plan that includes coverage for pharmacy
services shall initially and at each renewal provide coverage for the cost of treating diabetes, including medication,
equipment, and supplies. All health care insurance plans must include coverage for outpatient self-management training
or education, and medical nutrition therapy, if diabetes treatment is prescribed by a health care provider. The
coverage required by this section is subject to standard policy provisions applicable to other benefits, including
deductible or copayment provisions. Coverage for the cost of diabetes outpatient self-management training or education
and for the cost of medical nutrition therapy is only required if provided by a health care provider with training in
the treatment of diabetes.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 2 ch 23 SLA 2000, effective January 1, 2003].
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "diabetes" includes insulin-dependent diabetes, insulin-using diabetes, gestational diabetes, and non-insulin-using
- (2) "health care provider" means a person licensed to provide health care services as required by the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.