Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 42. The Insurance Contract
- Section 347. Coverage For Costs of Birth.
previous: Section 345
. Required Provision For Coverage of Dependents.
next: Section 349
. Coverage For Newborn and Infant Hearing Screening.
AS 21.42.347. Coverage For Costs of Birth.
- (a) A health care insurer who provides coverage for the costs of childbirth shall also provide coverage for the costs of
hospitalization or medical care following childbirth for a period of not less than
- (1) 48 hours after a vaginal birth; and
- (2) 96 hours after a caesarean birth.
- (b) Except as otherwise required to provide coverage specified under (a) of this section, this section does not affect a
payment arrangement entered into between a hospital or health care provider and a health care insurer.
- (c) This section may not be construed to require hospitalization or medical care as described under (a)(1) or (2) of this
section if the mother giving birth and the mother's health care provider agree that the mother and any newborn child of
the mother should be discharged earlier than required under (a)(1) or (2) of this section.
- (d) In this section,
- (1) "health care insurer" has the meaning given in AS 21.54.500
; "health care insurer" includes the Comprehensive Health Insurance Association as described in AS 21.55.010
- (2) "health care provider" means a person licensed in this state to provide health care services.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.