Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 42. The Insurance Contract
- Section 175. Non-English Translations.
previous: Section 170
. Additional Policy Contents.
next: Section 180
. Charter, Bylaw Provisions.
AS 21.42.175. Non-English Translations.
- (a) The director may approve an insurance policy form in a language other than English if the insurance policy form
- (1) is filed with a copy of the same material in English; and
- (2) discloses, in both English and the language other than English, that the English language version is the
official version and the non-English language version is for informational purposes only.
- (b) The English language version of the insurance policy form or associated material shall be the official
version for purposes of application and interpretation if the non-English insurance policy form or associated material
- (1) is provided with a copy of the same material in English; and
- (2) discloses, in both English and the language other than English, that the English language version is
the official version and the non-English language version is for informational purposes only.
- (c) An insurer may not misrepresent information in an insurance policy form or associated material translated into a
language other than English. For purposes of this subsection, "misrepresent information" means to include a statement or omit a
statement when, taken in the context of the whole presentation, the statement or omission may tend to mislead or deceive the person or
- (d) For purposes of this section, "associated material" means advertising and marketing information including
brochures, pamphlets, or electronic media used to describe or promote the insurance policy form.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.