Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 39. Rates and Rating Organizations
- Section 170. Hearing Procedure and Judicial Review.
previous: Section 160
next: Section 175
. Statistics. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 6 SLA 1998].
AS 21.39.170. Hearing Procedure and Judicial Review.
- (a) An insurer or rating organization to which the director has issued an order made without a hearing may, within 30 days
after notice to it of the order, make written request to the director for a hearing. The director shall hear the party
or parties within 20 days after receipt of the request and shall give not less than 10 days written notice of the time
and place of the hearing. Within 15 days after the hearing the director shall affirm, reverse or modify the previous
action, specifying the reasons. Pending the hearing and decision the director may suspend or postpone the effective
date of the previous action.
- (b) Nothing contained in this chapter may require the observance at a hearing of formal rules of pleading or evidence.
- (c) An order or decision of the director is subject to review by appeal to the superior court at the instance of a party
in interest. The court shall determine whether the filing of the appeal will operate as a stay of an order or decision
of the director. The court may, in disposing of the issue before it, modify, affirm, or reverse the order or decision
of the director in whole or in part.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.