Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 21. Insurance
- Chapter 39. Rates and Rating Organizations
- Section 155. Assigned Risk Pool.
previous: Section 150
. Assigned Risks.
next: Section 160
AS 21.39.155. Assigned Risk Pool.
- (a) The director may require insurers, except a reciprocal insurer formed under AS 21.75, as a
condition of writing a line of insurance dealing with medical malpractice or workers' compensation, to participate in
an assigned risk pool if the director finds that mandatory carrier participation is in the public interest.
- (b) The assigned risk pool and the procedures to be followed in administering the pool shall be established by regulation.
- (c) An insurer may impose a surcharge not to exceed 25 percent of the premium for assigned risk pool insurance, except
that a surcharge may not be applied to the first $3,000 in premium in any policy year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.